17 September 2008

I love my job

I love my job ... and I think I'll be hurting tomorrow. Today's adventure took me west and I mean as far west as you can go in Utah without being in Nevada. I went to shoot video of the World Speedway at the Bonneville Salt Flats. Since I was 'media' then I got to wear this fancy orange hat that was way too big while I was out on the track. This was for two reasons.
1. so I didn't get hit and ...
2. so the officials would know I wasn't a spectator and wouldn't waste their time stopping me
Lucky for me I didn't have to where it in the pit {not a fancy place but where all the fancy cars where resting their engines} so I didn't look ridiculous the whole day.
Because I was out on the white salt all day I put sun screen on everywhere but my arms ... so I'm starting to feel a little warmth in them and I'm hoping I'll wake up in the morning and they will be tan. Unfortunately I'm thinking they might be a little sore. However it was worth it to not be in the office all day and to see something that was ... well, interesting.
Tomorrow I will be in the office all day putting together a video so all of you can see what was so interesting. One guy described it as the 'funnest thing you can do with your clothes on' ... and I'll leave it at that. 

2 comments:

Ginny said...

The hat is frightening! Looking forward to the video, I've always wondered what went on out there.

Bryce and Cheltsy said...

Lol, it looks like you had so much fun. Can't wait to see the video!