Brad's Grandpa passed away a week ago and we were able to attend his funeral this past week. He was a great man and accomplished a great deal in his 90 years of life. He grew up in Idaho, served a mission, was a photographer aboard a carrier in the Pacific during WWII, was a hard worker, a great husband, father and grandfather. We will miss him but we are blessed to have the gospel in our lives and we know he is with his eternal sweetheart now.
Brad and I were able to visit him a few days before he passed and we are thankful for that.
I was able to scan photos from his many albums that he kept and I put together a video of his life. I am so grateful that he loved to document moments in his life and that he remembered to be in the photos for many of those. We now have some wonderful photos of him.
Grant V. Williams
Oct. 17, 1920 - Feb.12, 2011

The funeral was beautiful and a perfect tribute to the life that he lead. The internment was at the Grace Cemetery. The wind was blowing so hard and it was quite cold but still wonderful.

Because he served during WWII, the American Legion in Grace, Idaho came and gave a military tribute ... touching would explain it nicely.



Brad's other Grandpa, Boyd Ruud, served in Korea and was able to come and played Taps. This was definitely a special moment for us.

Brad's youngest brother Wade is currently finishing up AIT in Oklahoma and was able to get a few days of leave to attend the funeral.

the Brothers (Wade, Brad, Layne)



A moment I'll never forget. This is Brad's dad (Scott Williams)


February 16, 2011
Grace, Idaho
1 comment:
Beautiful Kera. Really lovely.
Post a Comment