16 March 2008

long weekend in reverse

I've been lucky enough to have the last three nights off work. Here's my long weekend in reverse.

{Saturday} We went down to Salt Lake to eat at the very delicious Cheesecake Factory. We first ate at one of these restaurants in Hawaii and loved it. The one in Salt Lake was just as yummy but there were a million people there which meant a wait, but it was well worth it. We went to the Gateway, spent a few dollars, walked around and then my feet started aching and I started to walk funny {my fault for wearing boots with a heal} so we headed for home.

{Friday} My mom flew in on Wednesday and was staying with me. We picked up my niece Alliyah {who my mom was babysitting that day} in the morning and then went to breakfast with Kella {sister} and Brooklynn {niece}. All of us met up again that night at Kella's for dinner. Brad unfortunately had to work late so he missed the party.

{Thursday} I took my mom down to the Bountiful Temple where Brian {cousin} was getting married. While she went inside for the wedding I sat in my car trying to convince myself that I wasn't getting the cold that I clearly had and I started reading 'A New Earth'. This is the Oprah book club book and it's pretty good so far. There are definitely some things that I don't agree with in it but there are also a lot of good things to think about. Once the wedding was through we went to the luncheon and then did some serious shopping with Jessica {cousin} at Ross. I found a fabulous jacket at a great price and two tins with the words FLOUR and SUGAR on them. They were my favorite purchase. That night we went to the reception in West Point and then called it a night. Well actually my mom and I talked for quite some time about ideas for my grandparents 50th anniversary that is coming up in July. I must say we are going to have some fun.

Tonight I am back at work and the only thing keeping me awake is my yummy carmel popcorn that I made today.

No comments: