Today I {kera} had the opportunity to clean the Ogden Temple. The Sevy's {a wonderful couple in our ward} and I were joined by 17 others from our stake {South Ogden}. We cleaned from nine to noon. My group was given the task of dusting and vacuuming. What a task it was. I never realized the amount of effort that goes into keeping the temple clean. It's one of those things I think I take for granted. The temple is always so peaceful and there is a special spirit there and now I know that making sure everything is clean and in the proper place allows the temple to be that kind of place. I never thought about that before today. Even though I was cleaning and there was some chatting going on amongst the more wise {older} women in the room I was still able to enjoy the atmosphere and reflect upon some things that have been on my mind.I was also able to reflect up on all the beautiful fabric. As we went from room to room and dusted each chair I really noticed how the fabric in each room added to the feeling that was there. It made me want to upholster something in some yummy fabric for my front room.
Everything about the temple is beautiful and organized. I'm greatful I was able to go and do this service because it gave me a chance to relearn this principle, “Cleanliness is next to godliness.” I spent so much care in dusting each chair, base board, table, and book because I was cleaning the Lord's House, and I realized that I should be doing the same for my home. If I want my home to be a place that is peaceful and has a special spirit then I must take the time to carefully clean everything and make sure everything has a place and is in that place.
For those of you that know me I am organized in some things but really lack in others. I've decided that I am going to put for the effort to turn that 'some things' into 'all things'.
President Gordon B. Hinckley said in a talk once "Everything looks better when there is cleanliness" and I believe him so operation get clean and organized starts tomorrow.
1 comment:
How fun is that. I always wondered who cleaned it, and how they go about doing it. Whenever Jon and I clean our little apartment really good, I always think of that saying, and how good it feels to have a clean house.
Post a Comment