28 August 2008

pancakes

Last night our neighbors dog was kind enough to wake us up at four o' clock in the morning. Also, Brad's allergies have started up and he hasn't been sleeping very well so once he woke up he was awake for the day. Since he was awake ... I was awake. I decided that we needed a good breakfast if we were both going to be starting the day so early. I made some delicious buttermilk pancakes {from scratch, not a box ... I know you can be impressed because I kind of was}. 
For those that know me I rarely eat maple syrup on my pancakes. If I do then the syrup needs to be homemade, but as you can see I opted for my usual toppings this morning ... peanut butter and jam. My grandma Erickson introduced this to me when I was young and I've enjoyed it ever since. So now I'm off to bed a little earlier tonight and hopefully the neighbors dog is not so kind.
recipe for MAPLE SYRUP
1 cup water
2 cup sugar
bring to a boil and then add
1 tsp. mapleline

1 comment:

Emily and Dustin said...

Homemade pancakes? Nice going! I must admit, I use the box. I'm not quite as domestic as you are. I'll have to try pancakes with PB&J. That sounds and looks delicious!