26 August 2008

Saturday apart

This past weekend we spent our Saturday apart
Our cousin Elizabeth celebrated her third birthday. Family came down from Idaho and we started the party off at Hill Air Force Base Museum. I had never been so it was fun to see. Manda and Brad both had to work so I picked up Layne and we met everyone there. Some of the family thought it was funny and weird that we showed up together but it didn't bother me. As for Layne ... I talked his ear off {I'm pretty famous for that} so I think that if he chooses to drive himself next time that it will be because I talk to much and not that it was weird.
 After an hour and a half we headed off to Rich and Ginny's to continue the party. We ate hamburgers and cupcakes and just enjoyed everyone's company.
Elizabeth was entertaining as always and enjoyed her 'princesses' party.
Elizabeth digging into her Ariel cake

So while I was partying poor Brad got stuck at work in Salt Lake. However, he did get to be part of a large project on I-215 that was quite exciting {at least for those in the construction world}. The interstate was closed down while a new bridge was being placed. Brad was there to install the gas line under the new bridge. He had a long week so hopefully he can take an extra day off on Friday and have a long weekend. He definitely deserves it.
Moving the bridge on I-215 8-23-08

1 comment:

Ginny said...

Great pics, we still haven't eaten the entire Ariel cake. Thanks for being a part of it.