27 January 2008

Gordon B. Hinckley

For those of you who haven't heard ... Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley died tonight. More to come but right now things are pretty crazy here at work ...
So the night is over and the paper is out. Below is the video that I put together for the website {http://www.standard.net}. As I was gathering photos and quotes I really started thinking about all that has been accomplished by Pres. Hinckley and the growth that the church has seen in the last thirteen years. The amount of temples alone is astounding.
So here's my memory, the one event that I will always remember ...
There was a church on main street in Springville. This was the first church I went to when our family first moved to Springville when I was two. This was also the same church that I had my wedding reception in almost four years ago. Just over ten years ago the church had a major renovation due to asbestos. When the renovations were completed President Gordon B. Hinckley came and re-dedicated the building. My family was lucky enough to be in attendance that day. He is a great man and taught not only members of the church a lot but the whole world. He will be missed, but that is the great thing about this church ... we keep records so the things that he taught can be reviewed and passed on. We also have the knowledge that he is now with his wife and many other loved ones. It is refreshing to live in a time where the gospel is growing at such a rapid pace. I think the words Pres. Hinckley spoke in the April 2004 General Conference are perfect ...
'There is much more yet to be done, but what has been accomplished is truly phenomenal."

To view a larger version click here

1 comment:

Denise said...

Very touching and beautifully done as usual. You definitely have a wonderful gift.

Love you, Mom