15 January 2008

riding off into the sunset

Well our winter fun has finally begun. Yesterday Brad came home early and we packed up the snowmobiles and headed for the hills. We got to Monte Cristo about 4:15 and got in a good hour and half ride. The weather was nice, the snow was great and the feeling of riding off into the sunset was definitely memorable. We headed back to the truck just as it started to get dark and Brad decided to go for one more quick ride. Well the 'ride' was quick because he got stuck {that's what happens when you go through 3 feet of unpacked snow ... you sink}. In the meantime I thought I was going to be good and load my own sled on the trailer. Well my plan didn't work out too well and after giving up I realized Brad wasn't back yet. I went to find him just as he was getting himself unstuck {which took a good 20 minutes} and we finally called it a night. We had a great time on our first ride of the season and we will be feeling the effects of it for the next few days. But like always, it was well worth it. I almost forgot ... on our way home we followed a moose down part of the mountain. It was just walking down the middle of the road. I tried to take a picture that didn't turn out due to the darkness and the fact that we didn't dare get very close. It was quite exciting.

1 comment:

Ginny said...

We are jealous.... glad you had fun!